Thursday, December 12, 2013

Sweet 16

I'm cranky and cold today and was not feeling the bump pics, but the show must go on! So, I threw on a Hawkeye shirt (in preparation for the big Iowa v. Iowa State basketball game tomorrow night) and a (fake) smile (you're never fully dressed without a smile!) and assumed the position:

This is what I would've rather been doing:
For those of you who don't know, it's REALLY FLIPPIN' COLD here. And it's not even technically winter yet! I'm hoping my next post is about us moving to Maui, where it's never -30 (yes, that's really how cold it is here thanks to the wind chill)...life is more fun in the warm sun. The grandparents came come visit. ;) 

Moving on to a happier topic, we made Louis V's XY chromosome combination official this week!
"But you announced that 2 weeks ago!" you might be saying. Yes, I sure did, but in my world, nothing is real until a cookie cake says so. For example: 
So, now it's official, Louis V will wear hiking books instead of Louboutins (probably a good thing, I'm not sure I could afford two Loub habits.) And I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate the return of my sweet tooth than with a fully frosted cookie cake!

Also celebrated this week was my mama's birthday. Since she doesn't like frosting, I didn't get another cookie cake for her, but the celebration was real. I wasn't going to get her a present this year since giving her a local grandchild is gift enough, but she threw a fit.* So, I got us tickets to see Zac Brown Band this weekend. I can't wait to sport a bump and a cowboy hat! :)
*She didn't really throw a fit! In fact, she told me I got her too much, which I didn't (moms are just silly like that) -- she deserved it and then some!


And now for the weekly Q&A:
How far along: 16 weeks 
Baby is the size of an: Avocado
Weight gain: 6 lbs, I think. (Doctor's appointment is tomorrow, so I will find out just how much damage the cookie cake did. Yikes.)
Maternity clothes: Not yet, but my normal clothes aren't really fitting either. If only I could live in the blanket like Berta above! I did score two great pair of maternity jeans, those are going to be heavenly to wear!
Stretch marks: No
Belly button in or out: In.
Sleep: Great until the full bladder or the cats wake me!
Best moment this week: Getting my cookie cake. ;)
Worst moment this week: Any time I went outside, it's miserable.
Miss anything: Buttoning my pants.
Movement: I think I may have felt him kick/move! It was either that or hunger pangs for more cookie cake.
Cravings: Fruit, grilled cheese and breakfast pizza, still. I really just need to order one already and take care of it!
Queasy or sick: Nope, that seems to have fully passed, yay!!Still not feeling the smells of soaps/lotions, though.
Looking forward to: Zac Brown Band concert with Baba and Papa! (And spring.)

One more week in the books, woohoo! 

2 comments:

  1. Ok, let's clarify a couple things! You promised to share the cookie cake (you were going to scrape off the frosting for yourself) and you did not do that! That's just mean AND I did not throw a fit - getting a local 2 legged baby was more than I could ever ask for!!! Wow, you threw me under the bus there missy. I guess I'll be returning some Christmas presents!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarcasm, Barbie!! Obviously you didn't throw a fit. ;) And it's easier to say you don't like frosting and not order another cake than it is to order another cake and have me eat 95% of it!!!

    ReplyDelete