Wednesday, December 25, 2013

On the 18th Week of Christmas

On the 18th week of Christmas, my true love gave to me...
...a bump protruding from my belly! 

Berta wanted a bump shot, too!


A little Christmas morning fun:

It sure is! ;) 

 Someone must have been extra nice this year to get an XBOX ONE! (Either that or someone has a super awesome wife, I'll let you decide which is more likely.) 

 

Santa must not have heard me correctly (perhaps he should pay a visit to the best audiologist ever, Courtney Smith?) because instead of getting the turtle I asked for, I got turtle slippers. Oh, well...they are the next best thing -- and I love getting new slippers, a favorite Christmas tradition! (The turtles join hippos, bulldogs, polar bears, monkeys and Buffalo Bills slippers from previous years.)

Holly, jolly girls on Christmas!


The pets love Christmas as much as we do! Berta loves dressing up in her Santa outfit...and giving kisses to Grammy. :) She did conclude, however, that it is exhausting being this cute at Christmas. The cats think wrapping paper is best invention EVER, so the fun began for them when it ended for us (aka all our presents were unwrapped.)



Since my family is far away in Las Vegas (where it's warm, luckies!), we had to opt for FaceTiming to celebrate together:
 BFFs, Sam and Berta, had a wonderful conversation.

And a little rewind to Christmas Eve:

We had lots of fun celebrating at the (Senor) Belby house! 
As you can see from the photos, the love of video games and baseball run in the family. We'll have to add another square for another boy next year! 

LOTS OF CHRISTMAS CHEER THIS YEAR!! 

Time for some Christmas Q&A:
How far along: 18 weeks 
Baby is the size of a: Sweet potato/bell pepper -- he's about 5.6 inches long and a whopping 7 oz! He's yawning, hiccuping, sucking, swallowing, twisting, rolling, kicking and punching. Busy boy!!
Weight gain: 8 lbs, but I'm sure that number will go up at my appointment tomorrow!
Maternity clothes: I rocked the maternity jeans last night, I figured I might as well be comfy as I eat all my Christmas feast!
Stretch marks: Nope!
Belly button in or out: In.
Sleep: Pretty decent. My lower back is starting to get pretty sore, but all else is good.
Best moment this week: All the Christmas fun!
Worst moment this week: Does a plumbing back up somewhere in the house count? Ian is on the roof checking the vent stack as we speak...wish us luck!
Miss anything: My family. :(
Movement: Still feeling flutters/bubbles popping, hopefully soon I'll feel those ninja kicks!
Cravings: I think I pretty much got them all covered this week: cornflake treats from my mom, loads of candy in my stocking, a breakfast pizza for Christmas morning...as I said, the scale isn't going to be my friend tomorrow. 
Queasy or sick: Not at all! 
Baby items of the week: Louis V got a blue bunny from Samantha, hopefully he loves it as much as she does! He also received his first books, something the bookworm in me is very excited about. Thanks to dear Wendy, Louis will be enjoying the Giving Tree and the Velveteen Rabbit. He continues to be a lucky boy!
Looking forward to: Seeing Louis V on the ultrasound screen tomorrow!!

 MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment