Thursday, April 3, 2014

Week 32

How is it possible that we're now at the 32 week mark!?  It is hard to believe that we are likely going to be parents NEXT MONTH. (I say "likely" because I realize he might be late and actually born in June.)

Reality is really starting to set in!
As the sign says, it's time to bust out the umbrella because this weekend's forecast is full of baby showers!!
(And true to the phrase, we are getting April showers for real, too.) Louis V is a lucky boy to have an entire weekend devoted to him, can't wait! April showers bring May babies!! :)
 
I had the absolute pleasure of spending an afternoon with one of Ian's co-workers, who also happens to be a phenomenal photographer, for a maternity photo session. It was a Valentine's Day gift from Ian, so great! This was probably the most fun photo session I've ever done because I got to eat lots of cookie cake before it and then spent the entire time sticking my belly out as far as it would go, you know, as opposed to trying to suck it in like I normally would. ;) It's been less than a week since we did the photos and she's already shared a ton. She is THE best! JK Photography if anyone is looking for great photos and a good laugh (she's hilarious). 













 LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them all. Jenna rocks.

Unfortunately, I also have some very sad news to report this week: the Belby zoo is losing a loved member on Friday. Wrigley has been battling illness since last summer and, unfortunately, chronic pancreatitis has gotten the best of him. He battled through some serious liver failure, the cause of which may have been the pancreatitis, we won't really ever know, and has since fought the pancreatitis.

Since it all started, he's spent a week in the hospital:
 
Had a feeding tube through his neck:
Was subjected to pokes, prods, pricks, x-rays, tests, meds and steroids:
No one can argue, he put up one heck of a fight!
 
 He started having issues again recently and we had to make the tough decision to send him over the rainbow bridge. We take him in on Friday and I'm already dreading it with every bone in my body. I will forever cherish the 9 years of memories he's given me and will take solace in knowing he'll be reunited with his brother, Shelby, as they watch over the zoo from the rainbow bridge.

 As you can probably tell from my posts, I love my pets with all of my heart and soul, so this is very tough on me. I look forward to surrounding myself with friends and family for my baby showers this weekend, but my sweet Wriggles will be on my mind, no doubt. He has been an awesome companion, a super snuggle buddy and just an overall great cat. If only they could all live forever...

The best cuddler in town:
 

Such a handsome fella:

Berta is sad, too:
 Always helping at the computer:
Doing his best baby impression for dad:
Never says no to a smooch from mom:
 
I will forever love this face.

We love you, Wriggle-man, and always will.
 
And I know you'll be watching over us!

BONUS PHOTOS, Jenna really came through for me here
(before we even knew how special these photos would end up being):


 
Bittersweet.
 
 
Time to dry my tears and finish up with the 8-MONTH Q&A:
How far along: 32 weeks
Baby is the size of a: Squash. Louis V is weighing up to 3.8 pounds and is up 16.7 inches long (if he's average, that is) and is taking up a lot of space in his uterus home! He now has toenails, fingernails and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). He's getting bigger by the day -- in fact, he will gain a third to half of his birth weight during these last 7 weeks!
Weight gain: Doctor's appointment is this morning, I'm going to guess I've added 2 more pounds to the frame. *UPDATE* - NO weight gain!!!!
As they say, there's a first time for everything. ;)
Maternity clothes:  Same story, but the bump is DEFINITELY bigger.
Stretch marks: No apparent stretch marks!
Belly button in or out: Status remains the same, it's in but for the portion where it was pierced.
Sleep: Sleeping well, unless you count Monday when I woke up at 2:45 AM and never went back to sleep. Great timing since we had our first childbirth class Monday night from 6-9PM...nothing like a 19-hour day!
Best moment this week: Taking maternity photos with the amazing Jenna Krebs!!
Worst moment this week: Will be Friday when we say goodbye to our sweet man, Wrigley. :(
Miss anything: Wrigley already.;(
Movement: He's definitely the life of the party in my belly. He is very active during the morning at work, I sit at my desk and see my belly bouncing around from his kicks, rolls and jabs. His other favorite time to show off his moves is when he should be sleeping, aka 2 AM.
Cravings: Serious pineapple/citrus smoothie craving.
Queasy or sick: Nope, feeling pretty dang good.  
Baby items of the week: Shower gifts are rolling in, so fun!
Looking forward to: My sis-in-law and niece getting to town tomorrow from Vegas and all the baby shower festivities with family and friends this weekend!!! It'll be a very welcome distraction to be celebrating the new life we're bringing into the world. And, of course, I love getting to see family and friends from both near and far. :)

3 comments:

  1. Read this one with tears on my eyes!!!! I love you Wriggles and Baba will miss you!!!! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears! RIP Wrigley. And YAY! for showers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad, my heart breaks because it is clear HOW much you love your pets :( I'm so excited for you and I hope you have a fantastic time this weekend with all your baby showers :) Let me know where you are registered because I would like to send a little something your way :)

    ReplyDelete