Thursday, April 10, 2014

33 Weeks

We're cruising right along at breakneck speed...passing week marker 33!
 

We are now less than 50 days away from Louis V's estimated arrival date! 
 
The bump week started off on a somber note as we said goodbye to our beloved Wrigley.
 It was a very tough day for everyone and he is dearly missed.
I know he's up there somewhere watching over us and sending lots of cuddlebug love our way. I'm sure he's filling Shelby in on all that's happened the past 2 years and reminiscing about old times. I bet he's also found that spot of eternal sunshine at the Rainbow Bridge.
 Rest in peace, my sweet buddy. You were one of a kind.

While I certainly had my moments of weeping, I pulled myself together Friday night to welcome the Vegas Smith girls to town and get ready for baby shower fun!

The festivities kicked off on Saturday at Red Lantern where my fabulous friends hosted a "Shellebration" in honor of Louis V.
 
The decor was adorable (and delicious!):
The gifts were beyond generous:
(I had to include gift pics so you could see the precious "baby" banner, I love it!) 
The company was phenomenal:
The bumps were out in full force:
(Although, the rest of them were masking them in their black dresses.)
The hostesses were THE best:
 
And I felt like the luckiest girl in the world:


The fun continued on Sunday morning as Barbie Doll and Courtney opened the gates at the baseball shower:

The decor was Pinterest brought to life!
 
 The family showed up in full force (from both near and far):

 
I got to bust out my Swarovski flute and enjoy a tasty mocktail:



Louis V (and his parents) are so fortunate to have both sets of grandparents in the same town! He just so happens to have two of the best grandmas in the world...Nana Belby and Baba Smith.
 

 
 
Celebrating with my three favorite girls in the world!


 Samantha wants her baby cousin to hurry up and get here so she can love on him!
 
 
 

Baby Belby was spoiled like no other for the second day in a row, what a lucky boy! And he's ready to be a Met...
 
...just like his Daddy!
 

Thankful doesn't even begin to describe how I felt after the weekend of baby shower love. I always knew I had wonderful friends and family, but they all went above and beyond! I don't know that we'll ever be fully prepared for Louis V's arrival, but we're much closer now, thanks to the amazing people in our lives.
And we're about to have one more. :)

 Q&A
How far along: 33 weeks
Baby is the size of a: Durian Fruit!? (I've never heard of this.) He's anywhere from 4.2 lbs to 5.8 lbs and 17.2 inches to 18.7 inches...he's getting BIG!! (And he might grow another whole inch this week alone!) He's turning into a curious kid who can keep his eyes open while awake, and he's coordinating his breathing with his sucking and swallowing. Also, his baby bones are continuing to harden in preparation of his arrival in the real world. Last but not least, his brain is going through more major development, so he's smarter now than he was a few weeks ago. :)
Weight gain: After all the goodies at the baby showers, probably a couple pounds?
Maternity clothes:  Still mixing and matching maternity/non-maternity. 
Here is a photo showing what a difference 20 weeks makes for a baby bump!
First photo was taken in November at 13 weeks (and, yes, I was pushing it out because it was way more fun back then to give the illusion of a big baby bump) and the second photo was taken yesterday at almost 33 weeks. Fun stuff!
I got this dress at the Banana Republic outlet store before I got pregnant, but it still works!
Stretch marks: Nope, just stretched skin.
Belly button in or out: Flat? It looks like an outie in clothes, but it's not.
Sleep: Sleep is going well other than the increased frequency of bathroom trips, I don't see that getting any better over the next 7 weeks!
Best moment this week: The baby showers, of course!
Worst moment this week: Saying goodbye to Wrigley. I still cry.
Miss anything: Wriggles.
Movement: Movement is still abundant, but he seems to be doing it more during my waking hours (woohoo!) Other than the rib jabs,
I absolutely love it. :)
Cravings: Nothing really this week.
Queasy or sick: Nope, feeling pretty dang good.  
Baby items of the week: Shower gifts galore!
Looking forward to: 70 degrees this weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. A very bittersweet week for sure!! The showers were SO much fun and SO very special!!! Louis V is one lucky little boy!!

    ReplyDelete