Thursday, April 17, 2014

34 Weeks

We're 6 short weeks away from DUE DAY!! 
 
 
 A bonus photo without the suit jacket for full belly effect:
We're growing like weeds these days!!

It wasn't a wildly exciting or busy week this week, but here's a recap:

I got some kitten love at our first annual Volunteer Appreciation Night at the Humane Society:


The bump got some kitten love at home:

I ran a 5K with Wendy to benefit the kids of Project Renewal through Live Uncommon:
 And had I known how ridiculously hilly the course was, I probably would've stayed in bed. Big thanks to Wendy for walking up the hills with my preggo belly! 
  We finished in a respectable-for-being-33-weeks-pregnant time of about 32-minutes!

We started the moving process by clearing out the guest room furniture (and by "we" I mean "Ian"):
 "So, when's the new kid getting here??" - Kip and Berta

Ian put his handy skills to work and started setting up the "nursery":
 

 Fancy, huh!?
(Also now included is a glider courtesy of the Weigles, that'll come in very handy...and comfy for me!)  

Also, we got all our maternity photos in from Jenna and I thought I'd share a few more. :)




Bumperific!

While not the most riveting week to blog about, it was pretty productive (I finished all my thank-you notes from the baby showers, too, woohoo!) So, until next time...

Weekly Q&A
How far along: 34 weeks
Baby is the size of a: Cantaloupe melon (yum!) or butternut squash (also yum, but I feel like it's told me this one before?) He's still around the same size as last week, but he should be getting rounder by the day thanks to accumulating baby fat. His skin is smoother than ever as well!
Weight gain: 3 lbs from the last appointment, 33 lbs total. "It's all baby" is my story and I'm sticking to it!! :)
Maternity clothes:  It varies still. Wednesday I wore a maternity dress (thank you, Courtney and Target!), yesterday I got by with normal pants and a top, today is a mix of maternity pants with a normal top and suit jacket. I have a feeling I'm going to have a lot of repeat outfits these last several weeks as the bump gets bigger and my options become more limited. 
Stretch marks: No, still just rocking my shark bite scar and nothing else.
Belly button in or out: Is weird an option? Belly button piercings and pregnancy aren't the best match.
Sleep: Rolling over is such a chore!!
Best moment this week: Finishing the 5K with Wendy and the little guy's check up!
Worst moment this week: It snowed Monday, unbelievable. And house building stress isn't fun either. :(
Miss anything: I still miss my buddy, Wrigley, but since I don't see that changing anytime soon (or ever) this week will be the last time I use it as my answer. I also miss being able to put socks on without a struggle.
Movement: All the time!:)
Cravings: Been eating a lot of fruit this week. One of the many perks of my new-ish job -- a huge fruit delivery every Monday for all to enjoy!
Queasy or sick: Nope, just large.  
Baby items of the week: The "nursery" is set up!
Looking forward to: The office massage therapist coming this afternoon, don't mind if I do! :)

1 comment:

  1. As always, love, love, love!!!! The excitement is building! He just HAS to hold on until after my visit to Las Vegas!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete