Thursday, February 13, 2014

Our Little Valentine at 25 Weeks!

Happy (almost) Valentine's Day!

Since babies don't come with instructions, we're just going to give it the ol' college try. ;) 
My mom tried to tell me that kids are easier than pets (she lied, I know, she just wanted local grandkids without fur)...I am hoping though that all the pet parenting at least counts for something as we prepare to advance from four legs to two! 
(They do wake me up during the night, require me to clean up vomit and I have to tend to Berta's booty, so I think I'm somewhat ready.)


We're feeling lots of love at Week 25! 


Since the last post, I received an AWESOME care package in the mail from my amazing brother, sis-in-law, nephew and niece:
 It included some fabulous maternity clothes (because the shopping/options in Vegas are wayyy better than in Iowa), a fantastic onesie for Louis V from Jason ("Sorry girls I only date models") which actually came from Kitson in L.A. (again, clothes are cooler out West), adorable Instagram magnets of Carson and Sam (which now hang next to my other favorite magnet) and last but not least, VEGAS magazine featuring the one and only, Britney. :) This box of joy made my day...and made the cats' day as well (although I'm sure that's not what Courtney had in mind when she sent it) -- thankful and happy campers! 

This week also included...

 a little crafting  

 Now we've got a chalkboard sign to count up the weeks and a chalkboard sign to count down the days. Today we're at 105!

a little walking

We FINALLY got above 0 degrees, so I decided to take Berta out to do a little snow mountain climbing. 

and a little tax prep
 Wrigley said we didn't need an accountant this year, he would handle our filing (or least keep the paperwork from walking away)...now if only he was deductible, too!

Kip, however, finds taxes incredibly boring--he thinks we should give more money to him in the form of toys and less money to the government in the form of taxes.
 Can't say I disagree...and taxes make me want to nap, too. 

And now for the Q&A to close out the second trimester!!!

How far along: 25 weeks
Baby is the size of a: Rutabaga or head of cauliflower. (Side note: I had to Google "rutabaga" because I had no clue what the heck it was...and after seeing the results, I'm confused because it seems smaller than a cantaloupe! These fruit/veggie size comparisons aren't an exact science, that's for sure.) What is not confusing is that my uterus is the size of a soccer ball...and I can tell! Louis V ranges from 13.6 to 14.8 inches long and weighs anywhere from 1.5 lbs to 2.5 lbs. This week's developments include open nostrils, a sense of equilibrium (he knows which way is up and which way is down), gaining fat (join the club, baby) and growing hair!!
Weight gain: I'm definitely up a few more pounds. 
Maternity clothes: Pretty much wearing maternity jeans, pants and leggings exclusively (elastic at the waist is my friend), but still rocking mostly non-maternity tops.
Stretch marks: None to speak of.
Belly button in or out: In, but very shallow!
Sleep: Some nights are better than others. One app tells me that trouble sleeping around week 25 is a common complaint among moms-to-be. Good prep for the baby's arrival, I guess! I did get a sweet body pillow from my sister-in-law, Monica, last night--seemed to work great. Big thanks to the Dport Belbys for dropping it off for me to use!
Best moment this week: Probably giving Ian his Playstation 4. I figured he deserved one last toy before Louis V gets them all. :)
Worst moment this week: Waking up at 3:45 AM Tuesday morning and never falling back asleep, ugh. Also, my sweet Grammy had a minor heart attack, but by the time I found out about it she was already on the road to recovery (and asking the hospital staff for bacon) -- she's back home and doing great, VERY thankful for that!! We love you, Grammy!!
Miss anything: Getting multiple refills on my Diet Mt. Dew! (Update: I don't miss that anymore, I had a had several today. Oops.)
Movement: The fact that his "house" is the size of a soccer ball makes sense because he's sure kicking it like one! I think I felt my first uterus contraction the other night as well...very strange feeling!
Cravings: Swedish Fish Jelly Beans..but I guess it's not really a craving when you just start eating them as soon as you see them. A new creation I just had to try, well worth it!
Queasy or sick: Not really, but I do get the wonderful feeling of acid in my esophagus when I bend over. Not uncommon considering my little man is displacing my digestive system.
Baby items of the week: I started researching items for the registry, exciting and overwhelming! Also, the owner of Ross' Restaurant (a Bettendorf, IA landmark) gave me an adorable onesie for our little guy. So sweet!
Looking forward to: Putting our house on the market!!

I hope everyone has a fabulous Valentine's Day!! And if you find yourself alone and grumpy on this love-filled holiday, maybe this will inspire you to find that special someone:
Couldn't resist. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment