Thursday, February 6, 2014

24 Weeks

 24 Weeks!

It is extremely hard to believe that we are a few short weeks away from trimester #3 and just a few months away from Louis V's arrival! I can't say it enough, this pregnancy is FLYING by. Kind of scary!


(Sorry that the frame is crooked in the first photo! It's driving me crazy, but there's nothing I can do about it now.)

This photo was just too cute not to share and it shows just how cute the Belby boys are! We can't wait to add to the photo before too long. 
Ethan, Alden, Carter, Dylan and Jack will make great big cousins to our little guy! The 6th man is on the way. :)
 
This week was more of the same at our house:
  Izzy got comfy to watch the Super Bowl.
Berta rested up for the Puppy Bowl.

Wrigley parked himself in front of the vent to stay warm.

 Izzy got bored keeping Ian's neck warm and decided to see if the Broncos looked any better from this angle. (They didn't.)

 Berta prepared to take flight like a Seahawk! (I'm convinced she could fly with those bad boys, she's just too lazy to do so.)

Kip partied too hard.

(If it weren't for these feisty furballs, I'm not sure how we'd entertain ourselves during this terrible, never-ending winter. As you can see, we aren't getting out much these days!)

Is it in the genes? 
I'm wondering if my love of all things furry (and scaly and buggy and...) will be passed down to Louis V?! As you can see, pets have brought a smile to my face since I was too young to pick out my own hairstyle and glasses. ;) A little Throwback Thursday to my very first pet, Tigger. I was one happy 6 year old that Christmas!


I see lots of similar photos with our little boy and our little four-legged rascals in the future. Hopefully, it doesn't end up more like this:

And to the answers you've been dying to know for the week. ;)

How far along: 24 weeks
Baby is the size of a: an ear of corn, how fitting for this Iowa baby! (Another app says he's a cantelope, which I also find yummy.) Size-wise, there isn't much change this week, he's gone from almost a foot long to a foot long (and I can't type that without singing the Subway song, dang those commercials!!) and has gained a whopping 4 oz (hopefully I'm that lucky!) The big developments are that his lungs are fully developed (although not quite ready to work outside the womb) and his skin is less translucent and more pink (thanks to newly formed capillaries), so he's looking more like the baby we'll see in May with each week!
Weight gain: I don't think there's been too much change this week, maybe a pound? 
Maternity clothes: I FINALLY found some things that fit! Third time was a charm for ordering work pants, so no more drafts coming through my unzipped pants. I scored a great pair of jeans from Ebay and also found some cute tops online. I'm slowly starting to not hate getting dressed in the morning now that I have bump-approved clothes. The best find, however, are the Gap supersoft maternity leggings...AMAZING. 

 


















Berta wants a pair, too. And she also wants to know why my belly is bigger than hers now, but I get to eat all day and she does not.

I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority here, but I've never been much of a leggings girl. However, that has now changed given the incredible comfort level these provide, plus they are very versatile and allow me to have more outfits for less money (which makes them husband approved, right Ian?) 
Stretch marks: Still lucking out in this department.
Belly button in or out: In, but definitely flatter.
Sleep: I think the sore back is going to be a constant until the baby arrives, so I'll stop griping about it. Lately, my issue has been waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to fall back asleep for hours. Apparently, my brain thinks 2AM-4AM is the best time to think about everything under the sun. Not cool, brain. Not cool.
Best moment this week: Probably when those maternity pants/clothes actually fit when I put them on, what a relief.
Worst moment this week: Watching Iowa shoot free throws. (And trying to get my sick kitty better, fingers crossed!) *Guess this one can pretty much stay the same, dang Hawks! I hate losing to the Buckeyes. The good news is that (knock on wood) Wrigley seems to be better thanks to the 'roids the vet put him on. Not good for A-Rod, but great for Wrigley!
Miss anything: Champagne. I should probably stop following Veuve on Instagram for the time being.
Movement: Louis V seems to have kicked it up a notch this week (no pun intended)--I think he likes to do somersaults in there now! And I think we've got a little Buffalo Bills fan in the making because while we were watching a DVD of the Comeback, he was fist-pumping and doing touchdown dances like crazy! Either that or he was showing off for Ian's hand on my belly. ;) (For those who don't know, this is the Comeback:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Comeback_%28American_football%29
I love feeling my little guy playing around in there, it's so cute!
Cravings: Nothing new here, I guess he's pretty boring and is content with what I feed him. He must like candy, too. :) 
Queasy or sick: Nada. But, I do seem to have developed some acid reflux. I had to Google it to see what it felt like, but it appears to be pretty common in preggos. Wonderful.
Baby items of the week: While not technically for the baby, we did register for the childbirth class this week. We can't wait to spend 3 hours of 4 Monday nights in a row learning about the pain I'm going to go through...yikes.
Looking forward to: Sadly, I don't have much to look forward to this week. It's still cold and snowy and my next doctor's appointment is the glucose test. I guess I'm looking forward to getting that over with!





1 comment:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!! You always make my Thursdays so good with this!!! 4 months and counting until I will be snuggling with my little LV!!!

    ReplyDelete