Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Week One-Nine...For Auld Lang Syne

Happy New Year!!
It's hard to believe 2014 is here...and before we know it, Louis V will be here, too!


 In 2006 came love, in 2011 came marriage, in 2014 will come a baby in a baby carriage. :)

We are excited to see what this year of the baby will bring! I'm sure it will include lots of love, little sleep, many laughs and a few tears. Overall, I think it's safe to say that 2014 will be our most exciting year yet. Oh, boy!

I hope everyone ended 2013 on a high note and I wish you all the best to come in 2014! 

I also hope some of you enjoyed some champagne for me as you toasted to the New Year. Since I was drinking water, I decided to do it in style with my Swarovski flute...everything tastes better when it sparkles. :)

2014's first round of Q&A:
How far along: 19 weeks 
Baby is the size of a: Mango or heirloom tomato (I prefer heirloom tomato because it reminds me of the homegrown ones I always got from Grandma Smith.) Louis V is now 6 inches long and over one half pound (8.5 oz)! His arms and legs are now in proportion with the rest of his little body and he's developing his senses!
Weight gain: Still around the 8 lb mark, I think.
Maternity clothes: I've been sporting lots of looks from my mom's closet this week, but nothing maternity just yet! Unbuttoned jeans are now my go-to.
Stretch marks: Nope!
Belly button in or out: In.
Sleep: Sleep is still good. Dreams are crazy though!
Best moment this week: Does last week's appointment count? I think so. :)
Worst moment this week: Well, I had a third date with the plumber despite my preference of it being a one-and-done relationship. (It is now FINALLY fixed, no more walking through the entire house to use the bathroom during the night!!) Another thumbs down came in the form of a UTI...two big thumbs up for weekend, on-call doctors and antibiotics though.
Miss anything: Double digit temperatures and pool season (at this moment, the pool is being covered in a fresh blanket of snow.)
Movement: More of the same this week, he can start kicking me harder any time now! ;)
Cravings: Nothing in particular. Still eating lots of PB&Js and enjoying all the candy from my stocking. I did win the wife-of-the-year award (I know, the year is still young) this morning when I whipped up some egg nog french toast for the daddy-to-be. His cravings count, too!
Queasy or sick: That's a negative. :)
Baby items of the week: I received it about a month ago, but I haven't featured it yet, so it's the item of the week: an adorable, homemade, personalized taggie blanket from Aunt Tara! It's so soft that I kind of want to use it for myself now! Also, Louis V received Sophie the Giraffe from sweet Amy Reeves. I adore all things animal and I've heard this is a very popular baby item, so I'm sure he's going to love it! Lucky boy, that Louis V.
Looking forward to: An Iowa Hawkeye bowl victory this afternoon and my parents returning from Vegas (I'm hoping they bring warmer weather with them!)

Cheers and GO HAWKS!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment