Thursday, January 23, 2014

Week 22

We've arrived at week double deuce (or double dos for my Spanish professor father-in-law) and the bump seems to be doubling in size! 


I think it's safe to say I've popped!


It's pretty nice to have this built in belly heater given the winter we're having. I keep assuring Louis V (and myself) that it won't be -30 forever!
 Q&A Time:
How far along: 22 weeks and counting.
Baby is the size of a: Papaya or spaghetti squash. He is about 11 inches long and weighs a whopping 1 lb! His eyes and lips are more formed this week causing him to look more and more like a newborn each day. His vision is also developing now and my fingers are crossed that he gets his daddy's genes in that department!! Louis V is sleeping in cycles of about 12-14 hours per day, I know Ian is jealous of that schedule! (He and Berta are sleepy soul-mates already.)
Weight gain: The doctor today told me 14 lbs, but I think she is forgetting that the first time I weighed in there was around 12 weeks. But because I like her math better, I'm going with her number.  
Maternity clothes: Finally ordered a few pair of maternity pants for work, time to be comfortable! I also got a new pair of maternity jeans, they are super cute and comfy and I'm really excited about them. Other than that, I did take a trip to Old Navy yesterday and bought some tops a size up--hoping that works for the growing bump! 
Stretch marks: Still no, but seeing as the belly is growing at a rapid pace, I'll have to inspect closer each week. 
Belly button in or out: In.
Sleep: Sleep disruption is mostly due to the pets, not the baby. :) I am having a little trouble getting comfy thanks to lower back pain, but again, can't really complain.
Best moment this week: Super fun girls night on Friday and a fun, little date night with my boo on Saturday. But, the doctor's appointment this morning for the little guy was the best. :) Everything looked and sounded good--heartbeat was great and both baby and mama are measuring right on at about 22-23 weeks. We got a great report! Next up is the glucose test, ick.
Worst moment this week: Every time I hear the forecast is pretty much the worst moment of my life. This winter is BRRRR-utal!!
Miss anything: Not having lower back pain.
Movement: He's become really active in the past couple days, so fun! Ian felt his first kick from the outside last night while we were watching a movie...but don't worry, we won't name him Django to commemorate the moment. ;) 
Cravings: My friend, Jess, gave me a recipe for a spinach smoothie and it's my current obsession. I have one daily! 
Queasy or sick: Not at all, feeling very fortunate.
Baby items of the week: Louis V received an adorable mustache romper from the Burkles last week, perfect for the little man. Also, the planning for his baby shower is underway, so that's very exciting!
Looking forward to: Heading to Iowa City on Tuesday for the Iowa v. Michigan State basketball game, Wig & Pen pizza is calling my name!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love my little spaghetti squash! Momma is getting cuter by the day! :-)

    ReplyDelete