Thursday, March 13, 2014

29 Weeks

Well, we're closing out the 20s this week and I can't decide if that makes me more anxious than I was closing out my 20s in age (oh, wait, I haven't done that yet...wink wink) or not. Both are a little trying on the nerves!

Okay, I think the stripes on the shirt are making the bump look larger than it really is!?! Or maybe I'm just in denial that it's getting that big.

Despite getting bigger by the day, I'm still feeling pretty great. Although, I have found myself needing a little afternoon caffeine now that the third trimester has kicked in...and, boy, does it taste good. :) All that activity at Hotel Bump is starting to wear me out!

*I did the photo and wrote this post last night (Wednesday), and it's already inaccurate. I have to say, today is the first day that I've felt crappy and I am not a fan! Not sure what's up, I just feel funny/off/not great. I'm hoping it passes soon, it's no fun. I don't know how those of you do it feeling like this all the time!*
 
Sunday we were rollin' for a good cause at the 3rd Annual Bowl for a Buddy! 
Belby Kingpins.
 
Gina getting some love from Maggie, Michelle and me.

This group looks like trouble! 
Noah, Dad, Grandpa and Mom were ready to show the crowd how it's done.

Who wouldn't want to adopt this face!? Gina had many admirers, she'll be in a home in no time!
 
 Big money shot with Wendy and Gina.




The BIG check was thanks to Michelle Russell, co-founder of Live Uncommon, and her generous sponsorship of our event. Thanks to them, the other sponsors and all the bowlers and donors, we raised $8,000!! That's double what we brought in last year, just PAWSOME.
(And for those with a keen eye, yes, that is Berta in the upper right hand corner of the check. 
She's so money.)

 The thought of counting all that money wore Max out (or maybe it was all the showing off he was doing for the bowlers) -- he's still looking for a warm lap to nap on in case any of you are interested in adopting!
 
Speaking of warm laps, it didn't take Berta long to find mine when we got home. I was ready to rest and she was ready to assume her position on the bump. Baby + beagle = best buds.

I found this photo on Pinterest and it's just too funny and perfect not to share here:

 It is especially funny and perfect considering as I'm typing this, I can hear the chimes of Mario being played downstairs. I'm not sure that it'll work, but I have no doubt that Ian will be trying something like this in a few short months. :)
 

My mom and I joined a new gym this week because the old gym was just too far away and I no longer have time to drive all the way out there over lunch with the new job. We were deciding between two, but when I saw a photo of Berta on the wall of one of them, the decision wasn't so hard! ;)

 Berta is becoming quite the celebrity these days (along with her boyfriend, Tracker Russell, the cutie on the far right in the photo) -- I'm going to have to teach her to sign her pawtograph soon!
And that's a wrap for the 20s! See you again next week as we celebrate the BIG 3-0!!
 


 Q&A TIME:
How far along: 29 weeks
Baby is the size of an: Acorn or butternut squash. He's continuing to grow, and will almost triple in size between now and birth. I'm not sure how there's room for that!! My app tells me that now is "a good time to start finalizing stuff, like stocking the nursery with baby care essentials"...ummm, finalize!?! We haven't even started a nursery!! I was on the brink of a nervous breakdown trying to register online the other night! Luckily, lots of great friends (and my mom) talked me off the ledge and I've successfully logged on to my two registries since and added to them without crying or hyperventilating. Progress!!
Weight gain: The gym scale was my gauge, so I honestly have no idea. Until I hop on the scale at my parents' house (I don't own one) or go to the doctor next week, I'll just say none. ;) 
Maternity clothes:  Other than my jeans, leggings and two pair of work pants, I'm still making it work with non-maternity clothes. I'm going to continue to do so for as long as I can!
Stretch marks: Nope. But, this morning, Ian did say, "You have a line." Guess the linea nigra is officially here.
Belly button in or out: Still barely in!
Sleep: Sleep has been surprisingly good seeing as there is so much more bump to maneuver around!
Best moment this week: Raising lots of money for homeless pets!  
Worst moment this week: I don't know that I really have one. Pretty great answer. :) 
(This could now be revised, too. Dang!)
Miss anything: I'm missing some energy these days, but that's about it.
Movement: Oh yeah, all the time! The contractions kind of freak me out though, it's going to take some getting used to.
Cravings: Starburst Crazybeans, they are fantastic! Other than that, nothing has really sounded all that great to me, but I'm definitely hungry a lot more again during the day. 
Queasy or sick: Feeling good this week.
(Revision: Feeling good up until this morning.)
Baby items of the week: The items I added to the registry, I guess. I don't think I made any purchases for the little guy this week.
Looking forward to: Running the St. Patrick's Day 5K with friends--my goal is 30 minutes at almost 30 weeks, but we'll see if Louis V agrees. ;) Also looking forward to seeing our little man in 3D one week from today!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment