Wednesday, June 25, 2014

One Month!

 How is our baby one month old already!?!
 I feel like I need to start researching colleges soon (oh, who am I kidding, he's going to be a Hawkeye like his mama)!
 Two of the things I love most in this world, my baby and my Berta. 
(Also included on the list are my boo and my kitties, not pictured.)
 Mr. Bright Eyes
 One of the many adorable and hilarious faces of Tristan.

So, at ONE MONTH, Tristan...

...LOVES to eat. We're working on making him wait longer between feedings, I think he'd eat all day if I let him. ;)

...gets HANGRY. (See above.) 

...is a great sleeper. He's had many instances of sleeping through the night (but, before you go and hate me, he's also had his nights of hourly wake-ups)! He sleeps best next to mommy, but we're working on getting him to be a good sleeper in the pack-n-play as well (sort of). 

...is bright-eyed and bushy-tailed when it comes to soaking it all in. He is constantly looking around with eyes WIDE open. He is also the king of making faces that make us laugh!

...prefers to nap in the warm arms of his mommy, daddy and grandparents. He also tends to knock out cold on car rides. 

...strongly dislikes having his diaper changed and lets us know it. (Daddy is the award-winning diaper changer in the house, he picked up the skill in no time. He's now counting the days until Tristan tolerates diaper changes.)

...thoroughly enjoyed his swing until it ran out of batteries (and mommy hasn't busted out the screwdriver to change them yet), and also likes bouncing around in the mamaroo. He doesn't seem to care for the Rock n Play, unfortunately. We'll keep trying!

...is now filling out his newborn clothes pretty well and swims in any 0-3 month outfits I put him in.

...is calmed by the "shushing" sound, the hairdryer and loves listening to sounds and music (including mommy's singing, and that's my story until he's old enough to disagree). 

...has been nicknamed "Jelly Bean", "T-Max" and "Little T". As you can guess, he's just a little guy! I don't have a scale, so I'm not sure exactly what he weighs, but he won't be winning any fat baby awards just yet. He does seem pretty long though, so maybe "Stretch" will be added to the nickname list in his future.

...farts A LOT. Already making his daddy proud. ;-)  

We had to take a commemorative pic by the pool, too. I'm actually really sad to be leaving this house, lots of great memories in our 4 years here!

I could not love this boy more. 
Here's to ONE MONTH of cuteness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment